Monday, October 12, 2009

My Mistakes as a Software Tester

Topic sounds like everyday term rite:)..yes it is a daily term..everyday we go on learning new things which makes us differentiate between the fact and conception/idea we have in mind about any particular thing...Few days back i attended a training session where some points regarding automation testing were discussed which actually drove me to write this blog..bcz i cud very well relate to the misconception and the mistakes i did when i joined the software testing industry....
So i would jot down those points for the people like me who dont have much idea of handling things or are new to this industry:)....
1.When i was a fresher i was more keen on learning new things and proving my talent rather than understanding the business perspectives ..Now when i have grown as an individual both personally and intellectually i realize how wrong i was?...Any development or testing is all about adding a business value..Its all about stepping into end user shoes and seeing is it all worth?.....Is it usable?...should i pay for it?....Is automation necessary?...etc....
2.Second mistake which i did was trying to push hard my point thinking it was right,nd feeling disheartened on its nonapproval which forced me to think that nobody understands me and bla bla....actually i have ran into lot of arguments failing to understand the other person views who also may be right from his/her perspective.....So analyze that..
3.One major drawback with me was i was never open to discuss my views and thoughts with my manager or lead which made the situation even worse....
4.Lastly the most major blunder which u can say was handling things on emotional level rather than from business perspective...I lacked what is called crucial conversation which i feel was most imp thing to be done at that moment..though later on this conversation helped me to clear out the misunderstanding and issues but no doubt i was absolutely wrong:(... Here i have put forth all those mistakes for people who are going through some situation like this.....

Now a year later when i think about all that i realize what a blunder i did...i mixed my personal emotions with my professional life....so pls dont do that it blocks ur rational thinking ...nd u run into trouble unnecessarily where finally its a lose-lose situations:(..nd also u lose ur mental peace and balance of life:(....Wishing u all a happy nd peaceful professional life:)

No comments:

Post a Comment